Site reliability engineer
This position is based in our Bend, Oregon headquarters office.
Kollective is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help architect, automate, and maintain the global infrastructure that supports our customer-facing products. Join a rapidly growing company specializing in enterprise video delivery and end video applications. We are at the cutting edge of content delivery at large scale, serving many Global 2000 customers.
- Build and maintain a scalable, secure, and cost-effective big data pipeline architecture
- Build analytics tools for data mining, machine learning, and BI use cases
- Leverage the Azure cloud for ingesting, storing and processing big data
- Work with software engineers to optimize data ingestion and schema for processing
- Work with cloud engineers to build and automate scalable infrastructure and keep our data secure
- Work with data scientists and business analysts to extract actionable insights from our data
- Actively seek out and implement ways to improve our underlying processes and technologies
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent related field
- 5+ years of industry experience building, optimizing, and monitoring a production SaaS, Cloud environment
- Experience writing and maintaining infrastructure automation (Terraform), in a version-controlled environment (Git)
- Experience deploying to and troubleshooting Kubernetes clusters (preferably AKS, GKE)
- Experience with a variety of monitoring tools including Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience with container-based CI/CD pipelines
- Experience deploying, instrumenting, and administrating Java web applications
highly desired skills
- SaaS, Paas, IaaS experience in Azure Cloud
- Experience with Service Mesh (Istio) technology
- Solid knowledge of and experience with MySQL/Postgres, and Cassandra
- Experience with compliance: SOC2, SOX, PCI, ISO27001
- Adaptability: Able to digest new technologies and apply them quickly and safely in a high-paced environment
- Detail Oriented: Develops, plans, and follows procedures accurately
- Project Management: Ability to manage projects from planning through completion. You can manage and complete multiple open tasks efficiently in an interrupt-driven environment
- Communication Skills: Able to effectively communicate with co-workers and customers on technical and non-technical issues. You share and document the processes and procedures you use to administer the environment.
- Sense of Humor: An ability to work under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor
The largest, most successful, global companies trust Kollective Technology to power their Enterprise Live and On-Demand video delivery, serving millions of users worldwide. From its software defined enterprise content delivery network (SD ECDN) to related IT tools like Network Readiness Testing and Network Analytics, Kollective drives a powerful ROI and makes the flexibility of software defined networking a reality.
Do you have a desire to put your skills into practice in a small company serving over a hundred of the world’s largest corporations? Are you a big picture thinker who pays attention to the smallest of details? Are you a hands-on leader willing to go the extra mile and do what it takes to reach your goals? Join a rapidly growing company at the cutting edge of large-scale content delivery and make a real impact.