solution architect, emea
This position is remote but required to be the United Kingdom or Germany.
Kollective Technology is the leading provider of software defined ECDN, providing solutions for Video Live events, video-on-demand and Software Delivery. The company culture combines the can-do attitude of a start-up and long-term focus from established relationships with large enterprise customers including HSBC, Lloyds, Nestle, Unilever for sales, marketing, corporate communications, training, etc.
We are looking for a Solution Architect/Sales Engineer, someone that can work in a fast-paced environment that spans all aspects of the customer lifecycle; presales, discovery, ramp-up, technical account management and support escalation. This position will work intimately with prospects and customers, sales, partners, customer success, product management, engineering and support teams to ensure our customers have a best-in-class experience.
- Working closely with account executives and prospective customers (Fortune 2000) providing technical leadership to develop new business based around Kollective Technology’s solutions
- Owning the technical aspects of presales engagements from presenting and demonstrating at business and technical workshops to successful deployment and testing, on time while exceeding the customer’s quality expectations
- Understanding the customer's business and technology requirements and aligning the appropriate Kollective Technology solution to meet customer needs
- Creating technical proposals and RFP responses for Customers and prospects which present Kollective Technology solutions and benefits
- Owning the technical aspects of post-sales for existing customers including technical account management, service reviews, security reviews, acting as a support escalation, customer training and presenting
- Effectively communicating product requirements from the field back to Product Management
- Up to 50% travel – typically 10-20%
- Fluent in German
- Strong presales skills as per primary responsibilities, for example having the ability to understand the needs of different customer stakeholder groups and demonstrate Kollective value
- Manage PoC delivery, i.e. network requirements, testing, debugging, PoC report writing, 3rd party integration advisory
- Technology - Medium-advanced background in SCCM/Intune design and implementation
- Technology - Medium background in enterprise networking and security technologies including TCP/IP LAN, WAN, Firewalls, Proxies, NAT, VPNs etc. noting that this is not a hands-on role for these technologies but able to participate in an advisory capacity
- Experience and ownership of problem solving and solution development in restrictive customer environments
- Ability to rapidly learn new tools and technologies
- Exceptional self-starter with time management and organizational skills
Nice to have
- Experience of working with customers who have strict data privacy concerns
- Debug skill such as the ability to analyse web pages with available tools
- Experience in video and streaming technologies including encoders
- Experience of working with BI platforms
- Understanding of cloud and server-side technologies
- Basic knowledge Web Servers & SQL Databases
- Experience in security and authentication systems including SSO, SAML, Active Directory, ADFS, Group Policy Objects
- Understanding of CDN and caching solutions
- Experience of working in a software development organization
- Basic-intermediate scripting knowledge
- Ability to work with Postman/JMeter or other API engines
The largest, most successful, global companies trust Kollective Technology to power their Enterprise Live and On-Demand video delivery, serving millions of users worldwide. From its software defined enterprise content delivery network (SD ECDN) to related IT tools like Network Readiness Testing and Network Analytics, Kollective drives a powerful ROI and makes the flexibility of software defined networking a reality.
Do you have a desire to put your skills into practice in a small company serving over a hundred of the world’s largest corporations? Are you a big picture thinker who pays attention to the smallest of details? Are you a hands-on leader willing to go the extra mile and do what it takes to reach your goals? Join a rapidly growing company at the cutting edge of large-scale content delivery and make a real impact.